1. M & S Solicitors Limited is a private limited company registered in England and Wales (Company no. 04540260).
2. M & S Solicitors and M & S Law are trading names of M & S Solicitors Limited and our registered office is at 20 Newton Road, Heather, Leicestershire LE67 2RD.
3. We may use the word partner to refer to a member or director of M & S Solicitors Limited, or an employee or consultant who is a lawyer with equivalent standing and qualifications. A list of members’ and directors’ names together with a list of non members who are designated as partners is available for inspection at our registered office at 20 Newton Road, Heather, Leicestershire LE67 2RD.
4. M & S Solicitors Limited is authorised and regulated by the Solicitors Regulation Authority (SRA number 369431). Our professional rules and Code of Conduct can be accessed in English, from the Solicitors Regulation Authority website at http://sra.org.uk/handbook/
5. The address and contact information for our offices can be found under the "Contact us" section of our website.
6. M & S Solicitors Limited is registered for VAT purposes with VAT registration no. GB 799 8101 72.
7. M & S Solicitors Limited is not authorised under the Financial Services and Markets Act 2000 to provide investment advice, but we are able in certain circumstances to offer a limited range of investment services to clients because we are members of the Law Society. We can provide these investment services if they are an incidental part of the professional services we have been engaged to provide. Whilst the Law Society is the Designated Professional Body, responsibility for regulation is with the Solicitors Regulation Authority and complaints handling with the Legal Ombudsman.
8. M & S Solicitors Limited is not authorised by the Financial Services Authority. However we are included on the register maintained by the Financial Services Authority so that we can carry on insurance mediation activity, which is broadly the advising on, selling and administration of insurance contracts. This part of our business, including arrangements for complaints or redress if something goes wrong, is regulated by the Solicitors Regulation Authority. The register can be accessed via the Financial Services Authority website at www.fsa.gov.uk/
9. All contracts and disputes are governed by English law.
LEGAL & REGULATORY NOTICE
The following information is provided pursuant to the requirements of the Provision of Services Regulations 2009 (SI 2009/2999). Please see our Terms of Business (available on request) and, for existing clients, our Initial Retainer Letter for further information (available on request).
Professional Indemnity Insurance
M & S Solicitors Limited maintains worldwide professional liability insurance with MS Amlin Underwriting Limited of 122 Leadenhall Street, London, EC3V 4AG.